February 2018 Update

“Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21.

February has been a challenging month for us.We are very grateful we were able to get away for our annual trip to Florida and leave it all here for a couple of weeks. We enjoyed family, friends, warm weather and a time to relax and refresh.

We are still waiting to be approved for the apartments we want to move to. It is a long process and a lot of waiting! The application is in. They were to be submitted no earlier than Feb 1 and we emailed it in at 12:03am on the 1st so we are near the top of the list for “first come first serve.” The hold-up is for them getting answers back for background and financial checks. There shouldn’t be any known reason why we wouldn’t qualify but until we get that official word accepted we wait and it has been a long one since we started this! Keep those prayers coming please! (We just spoke with the apartment management company and it seems our bank is holding up the works by not getting back to them in a timely fashion!)

Meanwhile Sherri is going to be having surgery on March 15th for a total hysterectomy. This of course was not part of our plans especially with the hope to be getting ready to move in April or May. This all started back in mid-November with some hip issues and an MRI to see what was going on. It revealed some arthritis and wearing of the hip but also some cysts on her ovary. So then an ultrasound was recommended. From there it went to being referred to an oncology gynecologist, who tried to get a pelvic biopsy (and we won’t go into that!) to another MRI. The MRI showed some questionable issues so surgery is where we are at right now. Please PRAY for biopsies to be negative and good healing.

Before we even knew for certain Sherri would need surgery to be fair to Rolf’s school in China he had to make the hard decision to delay his return until fall rather than having to inform them at the last minute he wouldn’t be able to return end of March as planned. This was very difficult for him. He was very much looking forward to getting back to the ministry there and anxious to train a new leader that has been waiting for him to come back. We do PRAISE God that the ministry continues even without him being there. He has four leaders in place who have been teaching and discipling with the “Faith or Fiction” curriculum. Please PRAY God’s protection on them as they continue the classes. And PRAY the school will look forward to Rolf returning in the fall.

A lot of changes and a lot of things up in the air for us. We really need your prayers and support right now as we work through all this. We have done all we can do in preparation of these situations and have been made very much aware that in the end we are not the ones in control! And we thank God that He is!! We are very grateful, too, He has put you, our team, alongside us. Thank you for being there for us.

“Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.” Isaiah 26:4 NASB.

Leave a comment

Filed under ministry updates

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.